Hi! I’m Ramona, and I created this website because when I’m writing, I’m happy, and want to share my excitement about it with everyone!
[Scroll down to see my Publishing Credits]
I’ve enjoyed writing since I was about eleven years old, when I started making up stories about cats, typing poems on my mom’s typewriter, and got my first diary.
It’s exciting when I find an especially inspiring, well-written book, and I just have to share about it! I am especially attracted to OLD books where I find some of the best quality writing, plots and characters, even in those close to a hundred years old.
How amazing that almighty God wants to walk with us humans, and give us an abundant life. I am a Christ-follower and have found that the more difficult life is, the more I talk to him, the more I know him, and the more I realize that all the Bible says is true. He is nearer to us than we can imagine, and is good, powerful, wise and the embodiment of love.
I grew up in Denver, Colorado, USA, and now live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I have a degree in Engineering Math, and most of my work experience has been engineering support and teaching support. I am nice and close to a beautiful park and river with interesting wildlife at hand, and so happy to have my sons, daughter-in-law and grandchildren nearby.
- my dear family, spread across Canada, U.S. and Germany
- friends I’ve known for 50+ years, friends I’ve just met, and all those in between
- discovering, exploring, researching, learning
- the ocean, the mountains, the beauty of nature, and spirals in nature
- walking and hiking especially in our nearby Canadian Rockies
- nature photography, and making cards and other crafts from my photos
- archiving my family and life in scrapbooks, videos and journals
- old movies (who can resist spending time with Doris Day, Cary Grant, Donna Reed or Jimmy Stewart?)
- math: I love the order and beauty of numbers and patterns, and the fun of problem-solving!
- outdoor concerts, Shakespeare in the Park
- studying the Bible, being active in my church, volunteering
- cooking real food and inventing super-healthy snacks
- learning about herbs, natural health, mindfulness and living intentionally
- corresponding with my sponsored children and snail-mailing to pen pals around the world,
- surfing the internet to satisfy my endless curiosity
- finding small simple ways to make the world a better place
And you…? I’d love to meet you and hear your story! Feel free to send me an email using the contact form at the bottom. Thanks for reading!
Famous Black Canadians (Black History in Canada series), Saunders/Beech Street Books/Coast2Coast2Coast
Chinese Immigrants in Canada (Immigration to Canada – Then and Now series), Saunders/Beech Street Books/Coast2Coast2Coast
Respect Our World: Sustainability (To Be Canadian series), Saunders/Beech Street Books/True North
“Can a ‘Summer Report Card’ Show your Child the Joy of Learning?”, Practical Homeschooling
“How to Spy on a Whale”, purchased by Highlights for Children
“Used With Permission”, Encounter: The Magazine
“Bedtime Prayer”, Clubhouse Jr Magazine
“Book Review of Young at Heart by Violet Ramos”, Fellowscript Magazine
“Who Brought the Turnips?”, Guide Magazine
“Paper Folding Challenge”, Highlights for Children
“Watchdogs of the ‘M’”, Mines Magazine
“I Guess I Robbed a Bank”, Flashy Shorts 2
“Inclement Weather”, The Storyteller
“Still Praying After All These Years”, Love is a Verb Devotional, Bethany House
Poems and art, High Grade (Colorado School of Mines literary magazine)
Adventure Math Stories, 4 short stories with math problems, a math supplement for grade 4-6 math students (50 pages)
Celebrating Friendships, College alumnae reunion book (30 pages), compiled, published and distributed
Monthly articles on Inscribe Writers Online blog
www.wisdomwithwealth.org content and editing
“Fun Bible Study Activities”, ehow
“What is the Role of a Document Controller?”,ehow
“Twelve Things we can Learn from Romance Movies”, ARWA Connections newsletter
“How I Managed”, Personal Report for the Administrative Professional
Regular column and feature article in Volunteers Newsletter, Metropolitan Calgary Foundation
Regular column in The Oredigger, student newspaper for Colorado School of Mines (college)
“Finals Break Refreshers” article, co-author, The Oredigger