…inspiration to and from cyber friends.
Happily Writing has been nominated for the Liebster Award! What a lovely idea to pass along blogging affection in the blogosphere with an award that means “dearest” in German (my heritage!).
This kindness was done by a dear cyber-friend in my writing group, Violet Nesdoly, who I feel I have met in person from enjoying her posts, our various messages back and forth, and from reading her newly published book, Destiny’s Hands. Violet’s writing, whether in her poetry or in an email, has such a calming effect on me, and I so admire her talents. You can experience her grace and peaceful imagery for yourself at her website. Be sure to also check out her other blogs listed on the right sidebar. Thank you, Violet!
To accept the award, I need to list five random facts about myself, pass the Liebster Award on to other blogs, and proudly display the Liebster button on my blog. So here goes:
Five Random Facts about Ramona
1. I am on a quest to create a dark chocolate, gooey, sugar-free and fat-free brownie (even though I recently finished my yearly cleanse to help beat my chocolate addiction from Christmas time).
2. Will Farrell and John Pinette make me laugh ‘til I cry and can’t breathe and my body is exhausted but I am utterly euphoric.
3. My cat now habitually wakes me up at 4 A.M., that middle-of-the-night time where I’ve had almost enough hours of slumber and can’t go back to sleep. Sometimes I jump out of bed with an idea for a story or post. Perhaps he is just trying to be supportive of my writing?
4. One way I celebrate Valentine’s Day—no matter how busy I am or how many other books I have on the go—is by reading a Georgette Heyer novel, and if I’ve run out of Georgette, a Rosamunde Pilcher novel.
5. I sincerely believe that…
The world is so full of a number of things,
I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.
(Robert Louis Stevenson, A Child’s Garden of Verses)
And now, I am passing along the Liebster Award to…
Some of the bloggers that make my days brighter and fuller
The Better Man Projects (Evan Sanders) – Any one who is on a mission to be a better person has my vote. Evan has dreams and is driven to achieve them. He successfully published his book (by the same name) and continues to share from the heart in his posts.
He Cares for You (Janis Cox) – Janis is a cyber friend that I know through my writing group who has written AND ILLUSTRATED an adorable children’s book called Tadeo Turtle. I can’t get enough of her art, crafts, faith-building thoughts and her infectious energy. She posts consistently, faithfully, short-and-to-the-point, always giving her readers something inspiring to take away.
White Rabbit’s Gallery (Iliana C. Hakes-Martinez) – I appreciate the talent of this creative photographer as she matches her photos with fascinating, diverse quotes. I also like to wander over to her tutor and editor pages and see what her students have produced. I feel a kindred spirit here.
Scott Fillmer.com (Scott Fillmer) – We have so many of the same interests it was inevitable that we connect online. Scott thoughtfully fills his posts with interesting and wise words on faith, photography, journaling and tech subjects, including feast-for-the-eyes photographs.
Alphabetically Inclined (Beckony) – Every post of hers is filled with at least one or more of: wry humor, irony, honest self-disclosure and inspiration to keep on writing (she keeps a daily count of words written, going on for the 2nd year!). It was the fact that she made me laugh out loud that hooked me on her blog: “Warning, may contain immature content.”
To those I have nominated, in order to accept the award on your own post, please:
1. List 3 things you’ve learned since you’ve “grown up”.
2. List 2 unsung heroes that we probably don’t know, and why you consider them heroic.
3. Pass the Liebster award on to other blogs (up to as many as five).
4. Proudly display the Liebster button on your blog!
My cyber friends, I wish you an abundance of new ideas and many followers to let you know your talents and web-presence are appreciated!